- shells from 2 pounds shrimp
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp
- 6 quarts water
- Carrots, diced or slicked with Onions quartered
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- Bake shrimp shells at 350-375 degrees or until dried.
- In an 8-10quart pot, combine all of the ingrediants. Reduce heat, and cook slowly for up to 8 hours. Replace water as needed, but make sure it’s boiling already.
- Remove stock from heat. Strain ingrediants. Press out all the liquids from the shrimp shells and vegetables. You can keep the vegetables, puree them and return to the pot or remove them completely. Return liquid to heat, and reduce to 3 quarts. This makes the base or “stock” for the gumbo you will be making.
Ed Butowsky | Ed Butowsky | Storage Sheds | Expert Search Engine Optimization | Expert Search Engine Optimization | Santa Cruz Therapy | Social Media Marketing Tips | Danny Wettreich | Dallas Family Law
| Frisco Family Law | Danny Wettreich | Political Social Network | Danny Wettreich